Refrigeration gas recovery
Here is a new program for refrigeration technicians: PureSphera will buy back your eligible refrigeration gas while helping protect the environment. If not handled properly, CFCs/Freon contained in refrigeration and air conditioning equipment destroy the ozone layer and increase global warming.
Impact of CFCs, HFCs and other ODDs on global warming
These halocarbons also seriously affect global warming in the same way as carbon dioxide or methane.
- Just one kilogram of CFC-12 used as a refrigerant is equivalent to 10,900 kg of CO2.
- A single kg of HFC-134a, the replacement refrigerant for CFC-12 since 1995, represents the equivalent of 1,430 kg of CO2.
Refrigerant buy back
We buy back your gas at a set price based on the CFC concentration and oil, contaminant and residual water content.
Eligible gases are CFC-11, CFC-12, CFC-113, CFC-114, R-500 and R-502.
Benefits for your company
- Competitive financial compensation
- Participation in reducing the impact on the ozone layer and global warming
- A simple, direct process
- Waybills and shipping managed at no charge
- Certificate of destruction and attestation of environmental compliance