Full recovery service for refrigerators and other cooling equipment
Here is a solution that meshes easily with your waste management plan and climate change program.
A full turnkey service for municipalities
- Turnkey project
- Best way to reduce GHG
- The only provider that captures and destroys 99.99% of the halocarbons contained in cooling equipment, in which insulating foam contains four times the gas in the actual coolant coils!
- Computerized management and traceability
- Report and certificate as evidence of your contribution to the environment
Recycling of refrigeration and air conditioning appliances
Halocarbons contribute to the main environmental problems that concern governments and environmentalists: climate change and depletion of the ozone layer.
By joining the Freezponsible recovery program, municipalities and RCMs ensure that end-of-life cooling appliances collected in their jurisdiction will receive the best possible treatment for our environment. Our cutting-edge technology greatly surpasses environmental requirements for managing halocarbons, hazardous materials and recycling.
We also recycle 96% of the materials from these appliances: steel, aluminum, copper, plastic, oil and mercury
By reducing the effects of halocarbons on global warming and/or the ozone layer, PureSphera also achieves emission reductions that result in very high quality carbon credits for local and international markets.
Benefits of being a Freezponsible municipality
- Waste reduction
- Contribution to the municipality’s GHG reduction targets
- Reduction of other pollutants
- Assured compliance with Quebec regulations
- Attestation of safe, environmental recycling
- Citizen recognition of the municipality’s commitment to the environment
- Certification of the municipality as a Freezponsible zone
- Mass and environmental balance sheets
- Visibility on the Freezponsible website and other communications tools
- Communication tools for program recognition within the zone
A few Freezponsible cities
Amos, Beloeil, Bois-des-Filion, Cantley, Canton de Gore, Delson, Harrington, Lac-des-Plages, Lachute, Laurierville, Laval, Longueuil, Lyster, Mascouche, Montréal, Plessisville Paroisse, Rimouski, Saint-Colomban, Saint-Constant, Sainte-Émélie-de-l’Énergie, Sainte-Sophie-d’Halifax, Sainte-Thérèse, Saint-Ferdinand, Saint-Sauveur, Sherbrooke, Terrebonne, Ville de Plessisville, MRC de Beauharnois-Salaberry, MRC de Charlevoix, MRC de La Rivière-du-Nord, MRC de Lotbinière, MRC de Marguerite-D'Youville, MRC de Vaudreuil-Soulanges, MRC la Haute-Yamaska, Régie des matières résiduelles du Lac-Saint-Jean, Régie inter Beauce Sud, Régie Intermunicipale de Gestion Intégrée des Déchets Bécancour-Nicolet-Yamaska, Régie intermunicipale de gestion des matières résiduelles de Brome-Missisquoi, City of Brandon, City of Steinbach, Rural municipality of Elton, RM of Mountain, RM of Rockwood, RM of Springfield, RM of Victoria